Cigna Offers a Broad Ancillary Portfolio and Simplified Administration for 100+ Lives
If you have larger group clients (with 100-249 or more lives), they need to know about everything available from Cigna. The Cigna approach to Ancillary and Supplemental Health benefits brings together a whole-person suite of solutions, people, data, and technology.
For you and your clients, the benefits are substantial:
- Easier quoting
- Simplified underwriting process
- Quick turnaround times
- Innovative product designs
- Connected experience across products
- Dental (DPPO, DHMO)
- Accidental Injury
- Critical Illness
- Hospital Care
- Quoting: 100-1,999 eligible employees
- Dental Participation: Cigna’s minimum for Dental depends on funding and if sold in combo with Medical or standalone:
- DPPO: 25 eligible when level funded and sold with Medical; minimum enrolled 11/25
- DPPO: 51 eligible when standalone or fully insured; minimum enrolled 13/51
- DHMO: 51 eligible when standalone or fully insured; minimum enrolled 13/51
- Vision Participation: At Cigna, Vision follows Dental for minimum enrolled lives; participation can differ from Dental.
- Other Participation: For other Ancillary plans, for both Voluntary and Non-Voluntary, the following participation guidelines apply:
- Accidental Injury: 10 employees
- Critical Illness: 10% or 10 employees
- Hospital Care: 10%
- Added Benefits: When Cigna coverage is sold in combination, the company offers claims integration capabilities and autopay for Wellness. Field quotes are also available.
- Bundling Discounts: Cigna offers multiple bunding discounts; visit Cigna’s website for details
- Medical + Dental: Savings on fully insured plan premium and claims reduction or fee reduction on ASO plans; varies by group size
- Medical + Supplemental Health: Savings on fully insured plan premium and level funding ASO plan; fee reduction on non-level funding ASO plans; varies by group size
- Dental + Supplemental Health: Savings on fully insured plan premium and fee reduction on ASO plans; varies by group size
- Medical + Dental + Supplemental Health: Savings on fully insured plan premiums and plan premium on level funding plans; fee reduction on ASO plans; varies by group size
- Available Collateral: Cigna offers two sales collateral pieces to aid you in your outreach and marketing efforts:
Whether you’re writing your first case, or you are a broker with years of experience, you can count on your Word & Brown Large Group team to make your job easier.
We offer everything you need, start to finish.
- Differentiators: Value-added extras for you and your clients, including access to in-house compliance specialists and a team of marketing, enrollment, and sales experts to assist you.
- Simplified online RFP process: Our easy-to-use tool streamlines the RFP process – helping you compile census data and other information for requested products and carriers.
- Downloadable documents: Download valuable RFP and quoting documents, including Large Group Frequently Asked Questions (a useful guide with info on what’s needed to start a quote, timelines for quoting, guidance on scheduling a presentation, and more).
- Doctor and Rx searches: Ensure clients have access to the doctors, medical groups, hospitals, and prescription drugs they want in the plans they’re considering; complete our Provider & Rx Search Request form available here. It can help make you a hero to your clients + enrolling employees.
Most Recent Articles