Large Group Carrier Spotlight: Anthem Blue Cross
Expand Your 2022 Sales Opportunities With Anthem Blue Cross Large Group
2021 was a record year for brokers writing Large Group business through Word & Brown. We are committed to helping you write even more Large Group cases in 2022. We have the right carrier partners – and the right Large Group team – to help you.
Below is the first of our Large Group partner profiles; this month, we’re spotlighting Anthem Blue Cross.
Anthem Blue Cross Overview
- Large Group Participation Requirements: Anthem Blue Cross requires 50% of total eligible employees – alongside Kaiser Permanente or on a standalone basis.
- Minimum enrolled: 50
- Networks: Full (Traditional or CaliforniaCare HMO), Select, Priority Select, and Vivity. Anthem also offers its Prudent Buyer PPO plan network for PPO/EPO/HSA plans. In Northern California, the Blue Connection network includes nearly all of the major Bay Area providers excluding Sutter Health. A Blue High Performance network is available to self-funded groups.
- Plan Offerings: 2 HMO and 2 PPO plans. If Vivity HMO is in the mix, a third HMO is available. A third PPO is available for your clients with out-of-state employees.
What’s New and What’s Ahead?
- Embedded Eye Exam: Beginning 1/1/2022, all Anthem Medical plans include one routine eye exam, complete with refraction and dilation included at no member cost share and at no added cost to the employer. There is no coverage for materials.
- Plan Expansion: Anthem Blue Cross is looking to expand Vivity into San Diego in 2022.
- Balance Funding: A re-introduction of an Anthem Balanced Funding product is anticipated by 7/1/2022.
You can count on Word & Brown’s Sales and Large Group teams to be with you – start to finish – supporting your prospecting, sales, enrollment, and after-sale service for Large Group clients.